Relocating a mobile home into the county.
Please be aware that the review process will require a minimum of ten (10) working days. The following items are required to apply for a building permit:
Flood Plain – Verify if property is in flood plain
- Flood Plain Development Permit must be obtained from the Planning and Zoning Department if the building site is within a flood plain.
- An Elevation Certificate can be obtained from the Planning and Zoning Department if the building site is within a flood plain. Contact an engineering firm.
- Recorded Warranty Deed – this information can be obtained from the Clerk’s Office
- Approved Driveway Access Permit - can be obtained from the Madison County Road & Bridge Office
- Approved Septic Permit – can be obtained from Eastern Idaho Public Health Office
Three Sets of Plans – one electronic copy (PDF format) and two physical copies (must be drawn to scale of no smaller than 1/8” = 1’ plans must be 11” x 17” or larger)
- Cross Sections
- Full Foundation drawing
- Electrical Plan showing the location of smoke alarms/detectors
- Window & door schedule
- Information on stabilizing system or permanent foundation system (Drawings Required)
- Proof that the manufactured home has been constructed to withstand the minimum snow-loads of 50 P.S.F.
- Site Plan – showing setbacks, well, septic, property lines, driveway, etc.
- Copy of the installer’s license – for moving in a mobile home
- Permit fee payment - $150 and a review fee of $45 due upon application submittal.