Livestock shelters or buildings, including shade structures and milking barns. Storage of equipment and machinery used exclusively in agricultural (not including semi’s); Grain Silos. If you have any questions, please see page 2 of 7 in the Agricultural Exemption Permit Application Packet.
Please be aware that the review process will require a minimum of ten (10) working days. The following items are required to apply for a building permit:
Flood Plain – Verify if property is in flood plain
- Flood Plain Development Permit must be obtained from the Planning and Zoning Department if the building site is within a flood plain.
- An Elevation Certificate can be obtained from the Planning and Zoning Department if the building site is within a flood plain. Contact an engineering firm.
- Recorded Warranty Deed – this information can be obtained from the Clerk’s Office
- Understanding of Policy - Signed understanding of policy form.
Three Sets of Plans – one electronic copy (PDF format) and two physical copies (must be drawn to scale of no smaller than 1/8” = 1’ plans must be 11” x 17” or larger)
- Site Plan – One full size, scaled drawing showing existing and proposed structures, as well as septic, well, drain field, and drain field replacement area. Plot plan must show setbacks from side property lines, center line of all county roads, and waterways.
- Copy of the building contractor’s State Registration
- Permit fee payment - $150.00 and a review fee of $45 due upon application submittal.