Notice: Please call the Clerk’s office for an appointment for Passports and Marriage license.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ACCEPTANCE AGENTS
June 16, 2021
Passport Processing Time Clarification
As of today, we have updated our website to include additional information concerning the turnaround pro-cessing times for routine and expedited passport applications. These changes directly address the realities concerning the mailing process. Mail times vary and delays have been significant. Internally the processing times of applications will not change.
Our processing times (up to 12 weeks for routine; up to 6 weeks for expedite) do not include mailing times.
What to Expect:
• Mail delays are impacting when we receive passport applications for processing. Our processing times begin the day we receive your application, not the day you mail it.
• Routine service can take up to 18 weeks from the day an application is submitted to the day a new passport is received. The 18-week timeframe includes up to 12 weeks for pro-cessing and up to 6 weeks for mailing times on the front and back end.
• Expedite service (for an additional $60) can take up to 10 weeks from the day an application is submitted to the day a new passport is received. The 10-week timeframe includes up to 6 weeks for processing and up to 4 weeks for mailing times on the front and back end.
All applicants must be present when applying
Applications for a U.S. Passport are accepted in the Madison County Clerks office, Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
You will need to bring the following:
- Completed unsigned Application for a U.S. Passport (DS-11)
- State Certified Birth Certificate (hospital birth certificates are NOT accaptable) or Expired Passport (for adults only)
- Photo ID. (Drivers License, etc.) List of Primary ID. List of Secondary ID.
- 2 inch x 2 inch Passport Photo Photos are available at Walgreens or Walmart
- Check or Money Order for Passport Application Fee
- Separate Check / Cash / Credit Card for Acceptance Fee
- Ages 0-15 Both parents and the minor must be present
- Ages 16-17 One parent and the minor must be present
Cick to view Passport Fee Chart