construction drawings for code compliance and performs on-site inspections. This process confirms that buildings and
structures in Madison County are sound and in compliance with the 2018 International Building Codes.
|Permit TypesBuilding Permit:
General Building Permit: New construction, Addition, Basement Finish, Remodel, Accessory Structure, Solar Panels, etc.
Relocating a mobile home into the county.
Livestock shelters or buildings, including shade structures and milking barns. Storage of equipment and machinery used exclusively in agricultural (not including semi’s); Grain Silos. If you have any questions, please see page 2 of 7 in the Agricultural Exemption Permit Application Packet.
Building Permit Portal
Inspection prior to 8am will be same day, after 8am will be scheduled for following day.
All construction projects must comply with county building codes and ordinances.
The county has adopted the following codes:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code (Commercial)
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code (Residential)
- 2018 Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 Existing Building Code
- 2017 Idaho Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2013 NFPA 72 Fire Alarm & Signaling Code
Building Official/ Building Inspector
Admin Administrator / Permit Tech